Home Forums Teen Talk Week 13

last updated by ISAAC 1 year, 8 months ago
8 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      admintcsq
      Keymaster

My friend confided in me last week that she was raped by her step father recently. She made me swear that I would not tell anyone about it or she would kill herself. She pretends everything is fine but I know she is really affected by this. I am praying for her, is there something else I can do to help her?

Goshen
      Participant

Praying for her is cool, but I think she needs to talk to someone but that someone shouldn’t be just anybody. You should be able to convince her to talk to her pastor, any of the teen aunties and even seek medical attention as well. Because rape is not just a physical act, it is also an emotional act and believe me your friend is really going through so much emotionally.

PraiseS
        Participant

Wow! This isn’t funny at all o. Thank God she had you to even talk about it. Holding it up inside can cause more harm to her.
        Please encourage her to go for medical check up and to also talk to someone older. I’ll encourage her to talk to Pastor if she’s a member of TC2. But if she’s not and she believes her Church Pastor or Leader is like ours in TC2 then she can also see him/her. You can also go with her for moral support.
        She can also spend her free time doing sports or activities that will give her joy. If she has the opportunity, she should leave where that wicked man is or learn self defense skills.

mejay
      Participant

I agree with you Goshen, you will be exhibiting agape love if you talk to someone who can help her heal from the emotional and physical hurt.

Osose
      Participant

I think she should be directed to church to talk to any of the pastors

Presh
      Participant

I know this is very difficult for her to deal with and she may have valid reasons why she doesn’t want to talk about it, the fear, the shame etc.However, if she chooses to remain silent, the sexual assault may continue not just with her but with others too.

Dee
      Participant

Not talking about abuse, and thinking the pain and hurt will fade away with time is like not taking out a piece of broom stuck under your finger, it will definitely fester with time and get worse. Praying for her is great, but she needs to talk to someone who can walk her through the healing process. Get her to talk to an auntie she’s cool with, and if she still refuses, then you may have to talk to that aunty on her behalf.

Phoebe
      Participant

First of all, rape isn’t something to joke with. Right now this friend of yours is going through alot. Emotional pain, shame, shock, fear e.t.c. Thankfully, she was able to confined in you which is quite a good thing as most people don’t come out easily to talk about this. I pray God gives her the boldness to talk to someone higher spiritually soon enough.That will help her come out of the above mentioned after effect and a recurrence of the same incidence. She also needs medical attention as soon as possible seeing that the incidence happened recently like you mentioned.

ISAAC
      Participant

Well I feel if she had told you as a friend ,you as the friend should help her out by telling her mom or someone that can help her for real and not keeping it a secret

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DIARY ROOM

Do you have a personal issue? want to talk about it? click HERE to reach out to us